It's the First of the month...and the year!!!
Hey hey, y'all! Happy New year! 2021 is here!
This morning, I finally had the opportunity to sit and reflect on 2020 and I realized these important things:
1. I did not set any real intentions/ goals for 2020 that were not based on or connected to someone else 🥴- except one ☝🏽 and God did that thing immediately- Like January 2, 2020! 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾
2. Although, I did not have a plan for 2020, God did! And He truly moved on my behalf.
Ironically, clear vision was not something any of us had for 2020. It was a year that I did not need a plan or vision board because the pandemic put everyone on notice that we were not and truly never were in control. However, my faith grew immensely in 2020 and I stepped up and out in many ways:
1. I covered people in prayer and in spiritual warfare. (Matthew 22:36-40)
2. I formed lifelong bonds and relationships with a tribe of women who have been real iron sharpeners for me in faith, motherhood and business (Proverbs 27:17).
3. I stepped out prophetically and helped people build businesses /ministries and grow in their relationships with God (Proverbs 24:3,4).
4. I stepped out of my comfort zone and blossomed as a teacher of the gospel (and grew even more as a teacher of middle schoolers.) (Matthew 28:18-20) #TheGreatCommission
5. I went public and posted videos on social media , speaking encouragement and the gospel. #GoPublic (Matthew 28:18-20)
6. My desire to teach virtually and at my own scheduling came to pass. (When I look back at that part, I don’t think I realize how big of a thing that was and how it has shaped and is shaping this next season for me!) (Psalms 37: 4,5)
7. I committed myself to God in ways I knew were possible but I could not have imagined. (Proverbs 16:3)
8. I was truly transformed and renewed and I found myself in a position of feeling complete, mature and lacking nothing. (Romans 12:2, James 1:4)
As I reflect on 2020, a year that has been tumultuous-loud, noisy- for many people and devastating for so many others, God is #still God and #HeReigns! I hope to remember that even as I step into a new year and new territories with #GodPlans.
This year, I'm taking a 90-day Sabbatical from social media to plan for and dedicate time to the things God has highlighted as priorities for 2021 and beyond.
What are your #GodPlans for 2021? Comment below and tell me what you desire God to do for you this year?